Happy Sexy Quickie EGGS
In my quest for the laziest YET sexiest eggs, this has become one of my best inventions.
Almost a cross between an omelette and fried eggs but the best of both! Omelettes have the privilege of having a filling to make them a bit sexier. Fried eggs are okay but the large expanse of tasteless egg white is just not my favourite.
With this recipe, the white will loaded with amazing flavour, colour and texture and will look ten bucks more expensive.
Also, unless you have a fabulous pan, omelettes can make your language very bad when they stick and break and just don’t turn out. Literally. So try my happy eggs, you can change the ‘filling’ to whatever you like. I’ll give you a few ideas and let you happy egg all by yourself! Enjoy.
1 small to medium frying pan, greased with vegetable oil or cooking spray (not olive) Lid for later.
2 tablespoons chopped/diced bacon OR Prosciutto/Pancetta OR Speck OR chorizo sausage OR mushrooms (you choose)
2 tablespoons chopped onions OR Spinach OR spring onion OR zucchini OR tomato
3 fresh free range eggs
pinch of pepper to season
(you can also add cheese if you like)
Drizzle of truffle oil, extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Heat and grease the frying pan well, you DO NOT want to under-do the oiling and then these stick.
- Place the diced bacon (or speck, or chorizo or mushrooms) in the pan and let the meat go crisp and brown and flavoursome.
- Now add the second ingredient and cook while stirring for about a minute until soft. Now spread it evenly around the pan.
- Crack the eggs over this deliciousness and then turn the heat to medium, put the lid on the pan and let those eggs cook through to the doneness you like, soft, medium or hard.
- Season with pepper, oil, and it’s ready to serve!