Beef Avocado and rocket stack on fire roasted red capsicum
500-700g MSA Rump or Sirloin steaks
2-3 chillies finely chopped (optional)
1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped
Juice and zest of one lime/small lemon
1 small red onion finely chopped
1 ripe avocado finely cubed
2 large red capsicums
- Place the capsicums which have been halved and seeded skin up on a roasting tray under a pre-heated grill and leave them there until the skin is black and blistered and very fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat and grease a frying pan with Canola spray. When the pan is really hot place the steaks into the pan, they should sizzle. Do not turn or move or prod the steaks until the first layer is perfectly browned and sealed, about 4-5 minutes.
- Now turn over and allow the second side to seal nice and hot and fast, again about 4-5 minutes, less though if the steaks are cut really thin, you will need to cook the steaks as you like them!
- Remove from heat and then allow to rest before carving into thin strips.
- Mix the chillies, garlic and oregano with the lime juice and zest, and the finely chopped onion with the cubed avocado. Season both the dressing and the onion and avo with salt and pepper.
- Remove the waxy skin from the capsicum and then place on plate. Serve by then adding the sliced steak and top with rocket! I used a stacking ring here to get everything to present to the middle of the plate!
Chefs Note: Why not wrap these gorgeously tasty ingredients into a tortilla wrap and enjoy!